Care & Prayer
Welcome to Black Rock Cares which serves the families of our church and Fairfield County through practical acts of compassion that focus on the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of people. Through counseling, financial assistance, support groups and other forms of assistance, Black Rock Cares shows active love to those who are struggling with the challenges of life. At Black Rock, we care about you! Your need is our priority!
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.”
2 Timothy 3:16
Community Group Care
One of the best ways to give and receive care is through Community Groups – small groups that meet weekly to help people build trusting relationships.
Living Free Groups
If you, or someone you know, are dealing with the effects of abuse and trauma, anger, anxiety or fear, chemical or other dependencies, divorce, grief or other issues, Black Rock’s Living Free Groups provide a safe place where you can find healing, hope, and support.
Professional Christian Counseling
For information about expert counseling aimed at psychological and spiritual healing.
We have trained personnel ready to help you set up a budget and manage your finances responsibly using biblical principles. We are also available to assist those needing credit and debt counseling using the services of expert financial advisers.
Submit a Prayer Request
If you have a prayer request or an answer to prayer that you’d like to share with us, simply share it with us below, and we’ll be praying for you this week.
Weekly Prayer Opportunities
The Bible teaches that the prayers of a righteous person (anyone made right with God through Jesus Christ) are powerful, and have wonderful results (James 5:16). At Black Rock, effective care and prayer go hand-in-hand.
On-Site at BRC
Wednesdays Praying Boldly Meetings
- 6:00 pm– Traditional Worship & Prayer in Starting Point 1
- 7:00 pm– Contemporary Worship & Prayer in the Gathering Room
Sundays at 8:30 am
Zoom Prayer for our church ministries
- Meeting ID: 220 286 785
- One tap mobile: (929) 436-2866, 220286785
Tuesdays at 7:00 pm
Zoom Prayer for our Student ministry
- Meeting ID: 377 279 497
- One tap mobile (929) 436-2866, 377279497
Weekly Prayer List
If you would like to receive our weekly published prayer list, please email email@example.com.
Here to Serve You!
Here are a few of the ways that Black Rock's Cares can help during your times of need:
- Calling & Visiting Teams – Telephone contacts and visits (Bible reading, prayer, etc.) with the hospitalized, homebound or those in rehabilitation and retirement centers.
- Cards Team – Personalized encouragement cards for the grieving, ill or otherwise in need and for those celebrating births, graduations, and other important life events.
- Family & Individual Counseling – Pastoral & specialized counseling aimed at psychological and spiritual healing.
- Financial Counseling – Budgeting, credit & debt counseling that is Biblically & fiscally sound.
- Funeral Receptions – A complimentary, light meal following funerals or memorial services.
- Meals – Full meals delivered to those who are recovering from serious illness, surgery or otherwise in need of encouragement.
- Military & Student Support– Useful items mailed to those in the military, homemade treats sent with encouraging notes to our students.
- Seasonal Gifts – Helping families in need celebrate the joys of Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving by providing food, gift cards, and grants.
- Transportation to healthcare-related appointments and church services.
We seek to strengthen, encourage, and support existing marriages to reflect God’s intention for marriage through all life stages, and to help restore marriages that are struggling and broken.