Care & Prayer
Welcome to Black Rock Cares which serves the families of our church and Fairfield County through practical acts of compassion that focus on the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of people. Through counseling, financial assistance, support groups and other forms of assistance, Black Rock Cares shows active love to those who are struggling with the challenges of life. At Black Rock, we care about you! Your need is our priority!
“Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions. Carry each other’s heavy loads. If you do, you will give the law of Christ its full meaning. None of you should look out just for your own good. You should also look out for the good of others.”
Galatians 6:2, Philippians 2:4
Here to Serve You!
HERE ARE A FEW OF THE WAYS THAT BLACK ROCK CARES CAN HELP DURING YOUR TIMES OF NEED.
- Calling & Visiting Teams – Telephone contacts and visits (Bible reading, prayer, etc.) with the hospitalized, homebound or those in rehabilitation and retirement centers.
- Car Maintenance & Repairs – Routine oil changes, safety checks and emergency repairs to help provide reliable transportation.
- Cards Team – Personalized encouragement cards for the grieving, ill or otherwise in need and for those celebrating births, graduations, and other important life events.
- Family & Individual Counseling – Pastoral & specialized counseling aimed at psychological and spiritual healing.
- Financial Counseling – Budgeting, credit & debt counseling that is Biblically & fiscally sound.
- Funeral Planning & Receptions – Help with planning a funeral at Black Rock Church, including a complimentary, light meal following the service.
- Meals – Full meals delivered to those who are recovering from serious illness, surgery or otherwise in need of encouragement.
- Military & Student Support– Useful items mailed to those in the military, homemade treats sent with encouraging notes to our students.
- Seasonal Gifts – Helping families in need celebrate the joys of Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving by providing food, gift cards, and grants.
- Transportation to healthcare-related appointments and church services.
To request this and other assistance, please fill out our Black Rock Cares Application.
Financial Counseling & Other Assistance
We have trained people ready to help you set up a budget and manage your finances responsibly using biblical principles. We are also available to assist those needing credit and debt counseling using the services of expert financial advisers. For help, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request a financial assistance grant, please fill out the Black Rock Cares Application above.
One of the best ways to give and receive care is through your group. While there are many different types of groups, they are all small groups that meet frequently to help people build trusting relationships and care for one another’s needs.
Living Free Support Groups
If you, or someone you know, are dealing with the effects of abuse and trauma, anger, anxiety or fear, chemical or other dependencies, divorce, grief or relational issues, Black Rock’s Living Free Groups provide a safe place where you can find healing, hope, and support.
Professional Christian Counseling
To connect with a licensed professional counselor, please download our Counseling Referral List.
Submit a Prayer Request
If you have a prayer request or an answer to prayer, please share it with us below, and we’ll be praying for you this week.
Weekly Prayer Opportunities
The Bible teaches that the prayers of a righteous person (anyone made right with God through Jesus Christ) are powerful and have wonderful results (James 5:16). At Black Rock, effective care and prayer go hand-in-hand.
SUNDAYS | 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Description: If you have prayer needs, come and have the Prayer Team pray with you after each service.
- Location: Prayer Room
TUESDAYS | 6:30 PM
Moms in Prayer
- Description: Moms getting together and interceding for their kids and schools.
- Location: Starting Point 1
- Dates can vary. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
WEDNESDAY PRAYING BOLDLY MEETINGS
Every Wednesday Evening
Weekly, a faithful team gathers to pray for the needs of our church and community.
- Location: Gathering Room
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM | TRADITIONAL WORSHIP & PRAYER
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM | CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP & PRAYER
1st Wednesday of Each Month
This Wednesday each month will focus on prayers for healing – for physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges. Even as we see growing levels of pain, anxiety, and depression amongst us, we are seeing God responding to our prayers with His healing touch. Come and bring friends and family who are hurting. James 5:15 “And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.”
- Location: Gathering Room
- 7:00-8:30 PM
SATURDAY | 6:00 AM
Men’s Prayer Group
- Description: Join faithful men for a time of fellowship and prayer.
- Location: Prayer Room
We have trained people available to pray with you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 203.255.3401 ext 100 and leave a message. A prayer team member will call and pray with you over the phone.
Weekly Prayer List
If you would like to receive our weekly published prayer list, please email email@example.com.
We seek to strengthen, encourage, and support existing marriages to reflect God’s intention for marriage through all life stages, and to help restore marriages that are struggling and broken.
Want to serve with this ministry?
Use our Serve Finder to see available opportunities and sign up.