At Black Rock, our purpose is to help people Love God, Love People and Serve Our World. We do this through our four-step Life Transformation Process of Worship, Community, Serving and Ownership.
If you've been attending our worship services for a while, and want to take the next step toward getting plugged in at Black Rock, Community Groups are a great place to start. These groups are designed to help make a big church like ours feel small, and to make it easier for you to get to know a group of people who will encourage you and challenge you in your walk with Christ. You don’t need to know everybody at Black Rock, but it's important to know somebody, and Community Groups can help you do just that! Groups run three times annually, in the Fall, Winter, and Spring of every year, and last for a "term" of about two months each.
New Term starts April 23
Our Fall Community Group term is nearing completion, but it's not too early to reserve your spot in a group for the Winter 2017 term which begins April 23. Contact Caleb at or 203-255-3401 extension 129 for more information!
Open Community Groups
You can view the current group listings by clicking the button below. Get in touch with Caleb Hodson at if you would like to join one of these open groups or have any questions about them!
What People are Saying About Community Groups:
- “I do not know what I would do without my Community Group. They have supported me through various struggles and problems, and most recently have been helping me while I deal with a recent car accident. Every person, especially older folks, should join a group.”
- "Thanks so much for encouraging me to join a Community Group. At first, I was somewhat skeptical about joining one because most of the people in the group were married. However, after having the courage to show up and give it a try, I have found my group to be one of the best things I have ever done. We support one another, pray for one another, and I have learned so much from each of them.”
Whether you are new to Black Rock or someone who has already made this your church home, it's easy to get lost in the crowd on a typical Sunday morning. That's why we believe that every person who considers Black Rock home needs to get connected to our church family. We offer many opportunities for people to enjoy community at Black Rock, whatever your age or life stage.
Ask yourself four questions:
1. Are you attending worship on a regular basis?
2. Are you connected in a Community Group?
3. Are you serving?
4. Have you taken ownership of your spiritual growth?
The purpose of these four questions is to help guide you in your spiritual walk. We hope that your first step at Black Rock will be to get involved in regularly attending a worship service. Next, we encourage you to join a Community Group, where you can grow individually by learning more about what the Bible says and how to apply it to your daily life in a community setting. Step three involves your making a commitment to serve somewhere at Black Rock, and step four is for you to become more intentional about taking ownership of your spiritual growth. Let's focus more on our second step - Community.
God created each of us to be interdependent, not independent. He is a relational God, and designed each of us for relationships, first with Him, and then with one another. At Black Rock we wholeheartedly believe that everyone should go beyond attending worship services, and take steps to really get connected to our church community.
find out more about Community Groups!
We understand that joining a community group is a big step for many. We encourage you to connect with Caleb Hodson, who oversees our Community Groups, so that he can answer your questions and help you find the group that fits best in your life.