Care & Prayer
Welcome to Black Rock Care, serving the families of our church and Fairfield County through practical acts of kindness that focus on the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of people. We seek to live out God's love so that others will come to know Jesus and grow as Christ-followers. Through counseling, financial assistance, prayer and other forms of support, Black Rock Care shows active love to those who are struggling with the hardships of life. At Black Rock, we care about you! Your need is our priority!
Caring for the Entire Family
Black Rock Care works closely with our ministry teams to help ensure that each person receives exceptional care. We’re devoted to caring for the young, and not-so-young, with ongoing and seasonal resources designed to serve families with small children, our senior adults, and everyone in between!
Community Group Care
One of the best ways to give and receive care is through Community Groups – small groups that meet weekly to help people build trusting relationships, grow as Christ-followers, and learn to care. For information about our Community Groups, check out our Community Groups Page, or stop by the Next Steps kiosk in the Welcome Center on Sunday!
Living Free Recovery Night
God longs for us to experience freedom beyond our imagination, but often we are held back by deep hurts in our lives. While it takes courage to admit that we are struggling, help is here if we’re willing to take a bold step forward. If you, or someone you know in the Black Rock family, are dealing with the effects of abuse and trauma, abortion, childlessness or infant death, divorce, grief, chemical or other dependencies, Black Rock’s Living Free Recovery Night provides a safe place where you can find healing, hope and support. Small groups for each area begin on Thursday, September 28 at 7:00 pm. For confidential information, email .
Professional Christian Counseling – For information about expert counseling aimed at psychological and spiritual healing, please click here.
Financial Counseling – We have trained personnel ready to help you set up a budget and manage your finances responsible using Biblical principles. We are also available to assist those needing credit and debt counseling using the services of expert financial advisers. Contact the Care Office for additional information.
The Bible teaches that the prayers of a righteous person (anyone made right with God through Jesus Christ) are powerful, and have wonderful results (James 5:16). At Black Rock, effective care and prayer go hand-in-hand. Our guests and church family alike can receive prayer for their needs by emailing a request to our online prayer form. To learn more about Black Rock's prayer process, please email Gaylord Lemke, our Care & Prayer Pastor, at .
Moms in Prayer - Moms in Prayer International calls mothers around the world to passionately pray before God for the lives of their children and the schools they attend (from preschool to college). Black Rock’s Moms in Prayer group meets each Monday, from 7:15-8:15 pm in the Prayer Room. Come and join us as we seek God for our children! Contact Lori McArthur at for more information.
Private Prayer Sessions – Black Rock Prayer is here to serve you when you’re facing life’s challenges. Our confidential and private small group prayer sessions (30-60 minutes) are led by approved, experienced prayer leaders on the third Saturday morning of each month at our Fairfield campus. For more information, or to plan a meeting, email . God’s power to meet our needs is unlimited; all we have to do is ask and believe!
Weekly Prayer Meeting // Wednesdays @ 7:00pm - Every Wednesday evening a faithful team gathers to pray for the needs of our church and community. You are always welcome to join us Wednesdays at 7:00pm in the Gathering Room to worship God and pray together.
Here to Serve You!
Listed below are a few of the ways that Black Rock's Care Ministry can help during your times of need:
- Calling & Visiting Teams – Telephone contacts & visits (Bible reading, prayer, etc.) with the hospitalized, homebound or those in rehabilitation & retirement centers
- Cards Team – Personalized encouragement cards for the grieving, ill or otherwise in need & for those celebrating births, graduations & other important life events
- Family & Individual Counseling – Pastoral & specialized counseling aimed at psychological & spiritual healing
- Financial Counseling – Budgeting, credit & debt counseling that is Biblically & fiscally sound
- Funeral Receptions – A complimentary, light meal following funerals or memorial services
- Health Care – Healthcare assistance, information & referrals
- Meals – Full meals, soups & pies delivered to those who are recovering from serious illness, surgery or otherwise in need of encouragement
- Military & Student Support – Useful items mailed to those in the military & homemade treats sent with encouraging notes to our students
- Newborn Care – Celebrating births & resourcing families with a gift bag of helpful items
- Seasonal Gifts – Helping families in need celebrate the joys of Christmas, Easter & Thanksgiving by providing food, gift cards & grants
- Transportation to healthcare-related appointments
If you have questions, or need to get in touch with Black Rock's Care, contact our Care Office at 203.255.3401 ext. 102, or email BRCC Cares.